Apply Online Now! See what’s next for you at Carthage.
applications are currently being accepted for fall 2020, spring 2021, and fall 2021.
Carthage also accepts the . (The Common Application for fall 2021 is not available until August 1. But you can use the Carthage Application now.)
Questions? We’re here to help you. Contact the Office of Admissions at 262-551-6000 or 800-351-4058, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you interested in graduate programs or part-time studies? Apply for graduate/part-time study.
- Did you previously attend Carthage, leave, and are looking to return? Complete the readmission form.
- Have you already been admitted to Carthage? Reserve your space! Pay your enrollment deposit online.
Admission to the Undergraduate Program
365bet体育网址 first-year and transfer students usually enter in the fall semester, but applications also are considered for terms beginning in january, february, and june. carthage operates on a rolling admission basis, and applications are reviewed as they become complete. a non-refundable application fee of $35 must accompany the application. a waiver of this fee is possible if the applicant demonstrates financial limitation and requests consideration for an exemption from the office of admissions.
First Year Entrance Requirements
365bet体育网址 high school students should submit the following when applying for admission:
- A completed application
- An official high school transcript
- For Fall 2020 admission, please submit your test scores* (ACT or SAT, we accept either test) or review our test-optional policy.
- For Fall 2021 Admission: Carthage is test-optional for Fall 2021 due to testing disruptions caused by COVID-19. This means we will review your application for admission and scholarships with or without ACT or SAT test scores. No test-optional form/steps are required.
- * Submitting scores? Carthage superscores ACT/SAT results. That is, we consider the highest section scores from multiple test dates. If you wish to report more than one set of test scores for either the ACT or SAT for admission and scholarship consideration, you can do so online at thecribshoppe.com/test-form now and after future test dates.
- $35 application fee
- Nursing major? There are specific nursing-specific admission requirements
Applications, transcripts, and other credentials become a part of the permanent file of Carthage and may not be returned or forwarded. Once the student has been admitted to Carthage, an advance deposit of $150 is requested to hold a place in the entering class. Submit the enrollment deposit online365bet体育网址. For students starting in the fall term, this deposit is completely refundable up to June 1 of the initial year of attendance. The deposit is non-refundable for the spring and summer semesters.
Applying as a nursing student?
there are specific admission requirements for the carthage bsn nursing program.
Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)
advanced placement examinations, consisting of both objective and free-response sections, are administered to students who have completed college-level advanced placement courses in high school. a score of 1 through 5 is assigned by a group of evaluators based on the score for the objective section and review of the free-response questions. carthage awards credit in recognition of scores 3 through 5, and the required score to receive college credit may vary from course to course. entering students who wish credit for advanced placement must submit official results to the office of admissions. carthage also awards credit for international baccalaureate.
transfer students should submit the following when applying for admission:
- A completed application
- An official and final high school transcript (if less than 12 transferable college credits have been completed)
- Official transcripts from all college-level course work
- A $35 application fee
- Certification of Good Standing Form completed by previous/last institution
365bet体育网址 students considered for admission to carthage should be in good standing with all previous or current colleges and have a minimum grade point average of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale).
carthage gives full value to transcripts and records from institutions accredited by the north central association of colleges and secondary schools and similar regional associations when comparable courses or areas are taught at carthage. credits from a junior college cannot be transferred if earned after a student has accumulated half of the number of credits needed for a bachelor’s degree at carthage (68 credits).
365bet体育网址 students holding an associate of arts degree from an accredited junior college receive automatic junior standing when they transfer to carthage.
credits will be transferred for courses in which grades of “c” (or its equivalent at carthage) or above are earned. credits which are transferred will be entered on the student’s permanent record without reference to the grade earned. grades are not transferred; only credit is recorded, however, grades are used in computing the minimum cumulative grade point average for teacher education.